The Tale of the Awkward Monk

A few years ago, I had a weird encounter with a monk. Well, she wasn't a monk. But she had trained with them for many years.

It showed. the instant you heard her spoke (or maybe even before then), you bought the sense of somebody who meditates.

She was calm and deliberate. Focused, too - when she checked out you as she spoke, she really looked. Like there was nothing else worth listening to.

She was very zen.

So we need to talk about meditation, naturally. it had been insightful and that I learned tons.

There's just one wrinkle, though:

We got talking about it because she interrupted somebody else. He was talking about some chronic health concerns of his... and she or he cut him off midsentence.

Now, I do know what you're thinking. Some folk continues about their health. Sure, you sympathize, but after half-hour of graphic and sad details, you kinda need a break from that.

Except this wasn't that. He'd barely brought it up.

Interrupting someone is rude at the simplest of times. This wasn't what I'd call the simplest of times...

This is a standard paradox among some hardcore meditators:

They intensify their inner world but finish up with flat personalities.

They do tons of lovingkindness meditation, only to ignore the apparent suffering around them.

This woman knows more about meditation than I do, except in one key area.

Arguably, the sole area that matters:

How to roll in the hay and retain your humanity.

Enlightenment may be a perilous road. for a few travelers, it makes them less curious about ol' samsara. They drift inwards and appear to see out from reality.

That's not what all meditation results in . for several folks, the deeper inside they are going, the more human they become. They awaken this mesmerizing personality and have how of watching you that's addictive.

I wanted to awaken without leaving the planet behind, so I focused thereon from the beginning. It took some research and experimentation because not tons of individuals teach this. Still, through either luck or genius, I found out the fundamentals.

And I'm happy to share with you the ways it works.

How to meditate and become more captivating to folk, not an emotionless, distant zombie.

It's not hard, but it does involve learning some specific skills.

It's never too early (and, I hope, never too late) to specialize in this - on the way to be more human as you connect together with your unconscious.